These are one of my favourite kinds of blog posts to read, so I thought it would be fun to write one too!
- I was born in Exeter in England in 1990, so that would make me 24 😀
- I grew up in a little seaside town in Devon, called Paignton.
3. I have a younger brother, who’s currently studying maths at uni. He’s super smart!
4. I can speak Cantonese but can’t read or write it.
5. My parents used to run a successful fish and chip shop when I was younger. We were in the newspaper and everything 😉
6. I love making lists i.e. ‘things to do, to watch, to read, to visit, to buy, blog posts’ etc. I’m a really fun gal.
7. I’m not sure what my dream job would be, but I want to be able to help people through it. I’m not sure I have the patience to be a teacher forever though! :p
8. I don’t like tea/coffee so I always order a hot chocolate or a fruity concoction at coffee shops.
9. I’ve moved house 6 times pre-university. My mum really likes changing things up.
10. I hate the cold. This is one of the main reasons that I moved to Hong Kong.
11. I want to travel the world. Next stop? Possibly Australia.
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
12. I love taking photos and I have 5 cameras. Daytrips and seeing new things are essential to my well-being 🙂
13. I studied Sociology at the University of Southampton and loved it (apart from stats. Stats was the bain of my life).
14. My accommodation in the first year of university was next to a crematorium. My friend once came to visit and asked “Is someone having a barbecue in the middle of Winter?!”
15. First year was so much fun; our flat arranged lots of flat parties because it’s cheaper, warmer and more convenient than braving the cold to get to a club. (I had a little too much fun reminiscing and couldn’t decide on just a couple of photos…)
16. During uni, I was also introduced to burlesque shows, which a cocktail bar called Orange Rooms held once every few months and I absolutely loved it! We dressed as cats for their Halloween show ^.^
17. I adore second hand shopping. Ever since I was little, my parents have taken me to car boot sales every Sunday morning. I love a good bargain hunt and its one of the only reasons that I’d actually get up early at the weekend. Luckily this tradition continued in uni as my housemate Sarah was also an avid car-booter 😉 Here’s a snap of Sarah using the 20p disposable camera I’d just bought!
18. At the end of first year, I got my lip pierced because I thought they looked pretty rad. Turns out these bad boys make it really difficult for you to eat and you have to keep it in all the time, or else it would heal up. So I decided to give it up after a few months because food > everything else.
19. During the second year of uni, I worked at an indie club which was really fun, the music was great and we had free reign on their amazing jalepeno crisps! The only downside was that getting home at 4am wasn’t great for my sleep routine. I NEED MY SLEEP.
20. Here’s a snap of my housemates during second – third year. Aren’t they just dreamy?!
21. Food: fresh mussels (hence the name of the blog)
22. Artist/Band: Ed Sheeran and Ellie Goulding (both of whom I’ve managed to see live, so I’m super chuffed about about that!)
23. Film: 500 Days of Summer.
24. TV Series: The Office (US) (I also love the UK Office and all of Ricky Gervais’s series but the US version just has the edge, in my opinion!)
25. Quote: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me! I’d love to get to know you a little better, so feel free to leave a few random facts about yourself in the comments section 😉