- I came into work with a new fringe.
Jocelyn: “Miss Queenie, your head is so pretty!”
2. Me: “Do your work, Brandon.”
Brandon: “I’m not Brandon. I’m a Halloween witch.”
- Janice: “I went to Ocean Park yesterday. I like Ocean Park! I like pandas and dolphins and Mcdonalds!”
- Me: “M stands for…”
- Me: “Q stands for…”
Janice: “Queen! I am Queen Elsa!”
- I yawned a few times.
Ally: “You should go home and sleep if you’re tired.”
- Matthew points to a picture of a girl in the book who looked a bit dazed: “Maybe she’s being eaten by a baby wolf.”
- Me: “Are you big or small?”
Janice (3 years old): “I’m a big girl now so I can help mummy.”
- Jocelyn: “Miss Queenie, I need a holiday!”
- Ping Ping can’t pronounce my name, so he calls me “Miss Creamy”
- Ping Ping helped to tidy up some toys that he didn’t play with.
Me: “Thank you, Ping Ping! Do you like playing or tidying up more?”
Ping Ping: “I like to tidy up!”
- Ping Ping: “My birthday was on Saturday. I had a birthday party at Mcdonalds with 20 friends. I had 2 cakes and one was a race car!”
- Lawrence: “I’m laughing so hard, I can’t even write!”
- I hadn’t seen Rabi in a few weeks.
Me: “Rabi, you look so big today!”
Rabi: “It’s just my shoes. My shoes make me look big.”
(She was wearing trainers.)
- Rabi (singing in March): “Santa Claus is coming to town!”
Me: “Rabi, it’s not Christmas yet!”
Rabi: “I’m singing it because mummy always plays it at home. Daniel (her younger brother) always copies me but I don’t know what he’s singing.”
- Cleo sometimes comes to class with a little wheelie suitcase.
Me: “Cleo, are you going on holiday?”
She finds this hilarious every single time! Michelle arrived to class a little late.
- Hinson: “Hello Michelle. Pretty girl, Michelle!”
- Tinky: “So beautiful!”
Me: “What’s so beautiful?”
Tinky: “You are so beautiful!”
Samson: “Oh my god!”
- Ethan blows me kisses every lesson and says “I love you.”
- Janice gave me a sticker and said, “Happy birthday!”
- Cyrus: “What is black and white and black and white and black and white?”
Cyrus: “A panda falling down the stairs!”
(The only one of Cyrus’ many jokes that makes sense)
- Cyrus: “What do ghosts like to eat?”
Me: “I don’t know. What do they like to eat?”
Cyrus: “Because they have tails.”
- Cyrus: “What do you call a lion in a van?”
Cyrus: “Eating a tiger…HAHAHAHA!”
- Cyrus: “What do you call a bear eating a biscuit?”
- Me: “Are you just making these jokes up, as you go along?”