Previously I mainly worked with kindergarten children and they came out with some hilarious stuff. (There are 5 posts jam-packed with funny quotes and cute photos, so go check them out for a little giggle! Here’s part 1.)
Now that I’m working with primary school children with a much greater level of English, I didn’t think that they would come with up stuff that’s as bizarre. I was wrong. Very wrong.
Here are a few of my favourite parts of creative writing that I have had the pleasure of marking.
1. The homework assignment was to write about going back to the travel agency after there was a mistake on the customer’s ticket. This kid had some very unique ideas…
I’m going to start using ‘you old donkey’ as an insult.
2. A slightly inappropriate continuation of the story…where do they get these ideas from?!
3. Best simile I’ve ever seen.
4. Lard Phodemor #harrypotterfan #closeenough
5. I think we can all relate to a time when we got told off by our parents and the punishment was to stop eating snakes.
6. Don’t you hate it when you’re invited on stage by a magician and then everyone ‘craps loudly’?!
7. Just casually jumping on her dad’s head.
8. This kid writes the funniest stories!
“He even hits me over the head with globes” is my personal favourite line.
9. Thieving Santa loves designer brands.
10. The best way to end any story is to write a random sentence that has nothing to do with the rest of the story.
11. Casual racism.
12. I’ll leave you with this. It made me well up. (I gave him an ‘A’).
I’d also like to say a big thanks to my pal, Sally, for her excellent contributions 😉
I hope that these have made you laugh as much as they made me!