- Their photo booths are hilarious.
- It’s really hard to find a public bin.
- For a country known for being modern and up to date on technology, their trains are look quite dated and the seats are soft and comfortable.
- Some traffic lights make bird-tweeting noises.
6. Japanese baths are really small.
7. Girls speak in really high pitched voices.
8. You can buy used girls’ underwear in adult shops.
10. Lots of restaurants in Tokyo are open 24 hours or until the early hours.
11. Some restaurants ask you to take off your shoes and use toilet slippers.
13. The deer souvenirs in Nara are adorable.
14. Kyoto is huge and difficult to find sites. Do your research beforehand.
15. The view of the Shibuya Crossing is awesome from Starbucks.
16. Go to Japan in late March to early April to see the beautiful cherry blossoms. The Shinjuku Gyoen National Park is especially spectacular at this time of year!
18. Most restaurants put wasabi in the sushi between the fish and the rice.
19. The Kuromon Market in Nipponbashi in Osaka has some of the best food we’ve ever had! The soft shell crab burgers and seafood is cheap, super fresh and tastes incredible!
20. Japanese strawberries are divine.